Well, it's been a bit; I'm not sure why, but I've been undermotivated to blog lately, which has resulted in an ominous quiet from the site.
Here's a bullet-point update on my situation these days:
* I'm biking to work pretty much daily now; it's about (I'm told) 6km each way, so it's a bit of exercise I wouldn't otherwise be getting, and it's pretty decent exercise. It's excellent that our workplace has a shower.
* I'm taking class in the morning and working late, which means that anyone that wants to make plans with me has to take into account that I won't be home until 7:30 or so each weekday. Having said that, I'd love to do evening things with people, so please call any time.
* Work is up & down; I want to work on new things, but old things keep cropping up.
* Char is away this week, and I miss her.
* [XBMC](http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/) is the greatest thing since sliced bread. No AppleTV for me, my new (old) Xbox does everything I would want the aTV to do.
* I've read a few books recently, notably "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, which I bought for Char. It's excellent, and I highly recommend it.
* On Sunday, with the blessings of Lyal and the qualified non-refusal of a shoulder surgeon, I'm going to fly again.